Monday, January 21, 2008

Tough Road Ahead with No Regrets

 As I'm sure you know, we lost South Carolina.

A win in Florida will turn it back into a good tight race.  Still we have to WIN Florida, having taken a significant hit in momentum.

One thing I know.  I can look back at this win or lose and not have regrets.  I did what I could knowing that Huckabee is the only candidate who will protect the unborn.  My voice was heard.  My sacrifice was made.  I laid it on the line.  For that I am eternally grateful to God for putting it in my heart.  I can walk away from this election no matter how it turns out knowing that I represented what was righteous....not what was for me advantageous.

I don't mean to talk like it's over, but it would be unrealistic to not see that we missed a big big opportunity to really jump ahead in this race, and the road is now much more difficult.

I thank my God continually that he appoints our rulers, or else I could be more distressed.  I know that His wisdom is so much greater than mine.  Into God's hands we continue to leave this race as we are faithful in what we can do through God's strength.

Continue to pray for Mike Huckabee and for our nation.  Pray for the children, the little people in their mother's wombs who are being murdered.  Pray for our country to open it's eyes and reject this inhumane practice.  Every person deserves to have the same rights to live protected by due process of law.

I fear in my heart that if Mike Huckabee is not elected, we will see in the next president's term the true wrath of God against our ungodliness.  I know that might sound "fundamentalist".  Sorry, that is what I believe is a good possibility.  God has sent us a man after his own heart, and if we reject him, I can see that being the impetus in God moving forward with his judgment of our nation.  Time will tell.

3 comments:

Deborah W. said...

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, 'If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'” (John 8:31-32)

It is past time for Christians to know, apply and stand up for the truth of God's Word in our society. It appears that this is what you are doing in your support of a candidate that will stand up for the rights ... no ... lives of God's little ones in the womb.

As an African American who has historically voted for democrats because they "seemed" to care more for the issues affecting the people than the republicans, I really need to look at the candidates from God's perspective. As an African American woman, who frankly is pleased to see what appears to be a strong, intelligent, articulate, viable, likable and handsome African American man as a candidate, I realize I need to get past appearances and get to the matters of God's heart.

Thanks for your perserverence and diligence. Know that God is pleased with your efforts. Be filled with the fruit of the Spirit as you continue to put your faith into action and pray for His will to be done.

Peace, Love & Joy!

Deborah

Anonymous said...

Funny, why is it then that the "wrath of God" has just been poured down upon those states who voted for Huckabee. Be careful--the anti-christ can quote from the Bible as well...

Brad said...

It's not that easy to interpret natural events. God may have been deterring Romney/McCain voters in those states through the weather and that might be exactly how Huckabee won!

No doubt about one thing. The Lord does control the weather and it serves whatever purposes he has to accomplish.